Welcome to MyEnergyKit.org!
This website is part of the 2015-16 in-school energy conservation programs Space Station Conservation and The Conservation Crew, sponsored by Duke Energy and Duke Energy Progress and produced by The National Theatre for Children. Through these programs, all Duke Energy customers at participating schools can sign up* for a FREE Energy Efficiency Kit to conserve energy at home. Since 2011, families and staff from participating schools have saved over 35 million kilowatt hours of energy by using these kits in their homes. But there is more energy to save, and YOU can help by signing up for your free kit!
Every unique sign-up for the FREE Energy Efficiency Kit will help your school toward winning one of two $10,000 cash prizes from The National Theatre for Children. Plus, upon receiving your kit, your family can also enter a drawing for one of two $1,000 cash prizes.
*Who can get a FREE kit?
*Duke Energy provides one Energy Efficiency Starter Kit per household over a 36-month period. If you received a kit before but don't remember when, call the My Energy Kit Hotline at 1-855-386-9548 or email MyEnergyKit@nationaltheatre.com.
*Non-Duke customers associated with participating schools can sign up to receive a partial kit. Sign-ups from non-Duke customers will credit schools for the $10,000 drawing.
To read more FAQs, click here.
Included in the Kit
- Energy Efficient Bulbs (Energy Star Approved)
- Energy Efficient Showerhead
- Energy Efficient Night Light
- Kitchen Faucet Aerator with Swivel and Flip Valve
- Bathroom Faucet Aerator
- Water Flow Meter Bag
- Combination Pack of Switch/Outlet Gasket Insulators
- Teflon Tape Used for Installing the Showerhead/Faucet Aerator
- Hot Water Gauge Card
- Duke Energy Labeled DOE Energy Saver Booklet
- Duke Energy Supplied Product Information/Instruction Sheet
- Glow Ring Toy